About the Class
Saturday 5th August 10am- 4pm
Love wool? Then you'll love needle felting!
A fun, creative and inspiring day with friendly, like minded people in a beautiful creative setting!
- Fibre artist Carla Taylor of The Mousehole Woolery will guide you step by step through the basic techniques of needle felting as well as sharing lots of tips and tricks that she has learnt over the last nine years in her own felting journey. The day will start off with a warm welcome & refreshments, followed by a discussion about the history of wool and needle felting.
- The Mousehole Woolery are official supporters of the Campaign for wool and love to share their passion for British wool, showcasing the beauty, worth and diversity of this beautiful biodegradable and sustainable material and how it can be used.
- Within the workshop Carla will discuss the equipment used within the therapeutic craft of needle felting and the variety of inspiring wools and fibres that can be used.
- By the end of the workshop you will have created your own vintage bear out of beautiful wool ready for you to take home or, if you can part with them, to give to someone as a special gift.
- This workshop is suitable for both beginners or those with some experience of needle felting.
- The price of the workshop includes all materials including a needle felting kit, that you get to keep, take home and carry on creating with. If you would like to finish your bear off in vintage style, Carla will have some cotton reels to purchase on the day of the workshop or you are more than welcome to bring along something of your own.
A great day to relax & learn. Tea, coffee break in the morning & afternoon. During a lunch break you can bring your own or some pocket money to spend in one of our independent cafes on South Street!
Venue & Facilities:
At Studi0ne in The Fabric Larder
34 South Street, Bridport.
Parking on South Street, Rope Walks / back of Waitrose .
There are 2 disabled spaces on the street outside the shop.