Peppered Cottons By Pepper Cory for Studio e
- 44" wide 100% Cotton
- Peppered Cottons are a timeless classic and a favourite for quilters.
- These are yarn-dyed shot cottons, meaning the weft and warp are two different colours, giving each colour a unique look.
- These shot cottons are a heavier weight that others on the market and thus have earned their standing as a 'favourite'.
- Because the warp (lengthwise threads) and the weft (side to side threads) are different colours, the resulting shades are muted and variable combinations of the original colours. For instance, a black warp thread plus a blue weft thread woven together makes for a very dark blue such as Ink colour# 45.
- When a fabric like Ink is viewed from different angles, the blues and blacks produce subtly different visual effects.
Above all, shot cottons have a tactile hand-woven quality and display deep colours well since all threads are dyed prior to weaving.
There is no wrong or right side to shot cottons--a plus for quilt-makers.
Great for all sort of projects!